Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer To-Do List: Swim

Let's just get this out of the way: no one really wants to see me in a bathing suit. That's cool. I'm fine with that. I had my salad days of being the girl with the smoking body.  I did. Those days are over. Maybe not for good (but probably for good), but at least for now.

But that doesn't change the fact that I want to swim. I want to hang out by a pool. And I need to make that happen this summer.

Lakeside has become my Xanadu. My Dulcinea. My Holy Grail.  Oh my sweet swimmies, I want to be invited to Lakeside just to see it. I don't have to swim. I don't have to sully your pool with my ordinary-person juices. I just want... to see it.  Awesome Louisvillager, Brigid Kaelin teaches swim classes there.  And plays gigs there.  Swoon... that just makes her 100X cooler in my eyes.

I don't want to join a gym or community center.  So I think my next best bet (indoor pools don't count, BTW) is to book a night at the Galt House, the only downtown hotel with an outdoor pool.

Or I can go to the Quarry.  Which I know nothing about but has been a looming mythologized presence for the past few summers.  When Roommate gets home from his Florida adventures, I think I will enlist him in a road trip.

3 comments:

Brigid Kaelin said...

When can you go swimming? Lakeside invite officially extended. Bring a friend!

M said...

Oh my goodness, I wasn't fishing for an invite or anything! But I would LOVE to finally really meet you proper-like. I'm free just about every day in June... just drop me an email and I will be there with bells (or a tankini) on! Maybe I can convince Roommate (who you HAVE met officially and proper-like) to come too. :)

Brigid Kaelin said...

Next week maybe? :)